Don't be boring, don't be mean.
My url is from Soldier' Girl.
When American people talk about TV shows set in Northern England (Shameless, In the Flesh) like ‘The accents are so thick! I need someone to translate for me!’
and all I can think is, it’s so refreshing to watch TV where the people sound like actual normal people!
You get so used to seeing American TV shows, or British shows full of Londoners, that you forget that the accents of people you hear in real life are actually present on TV sometimes.
Let’s show them we exist guys
1. Wash your sheets every two weeks, I promise you’ll sleep better.
2. If a boy breaks your heart, it’s okay to cry.
3. If a girl breaks your heart, it’s okay to cry.
4. School is important, but there are many things you can’t learn in a classroom. Pursue them.
5. Find your passion, and run with it.
6. No, you don’t need to lose weight.
7. You are beautiful without make up.
8. You are beautiful with make up.
9. Being a good person will never go out of style
10. Buy yourself flowers if you’re feeling sad.
11. Getting enough sleep is very important.
12. Drinking water has so many benefits
13. Believe in fairytales, believe in love, and allow no one to steal your magic.
14. Reading is good for the soul.
15. I am not here to judge you, but I will always support what I think is best for you.
16. I appreciate you.
17. I am proud of you.
18. Even on your worst days, you will never disappoint me.
19. I love you no matter what."
tumblr is currently a place for people not at comic-con to sit and wait for pictures of comic-con to be posted. then cry about how we are not at comic-con.
it bothers me that Kansas and Arkansas are not pronounced the same
I’m from the UK and I have been pronouncing Arkansas as Ar-Kansas my whole life
For all my non-american friends, Arkansas is pronounced ark-an-saw
what the fuck whose idea was that??
professors seeing “teddy lupin” on their rosters and being like “ah yes, remus lupin’s son. remus was such a well behaved student, i’m sure his son will be the same”
and then teddy shows up for class and they’re like “oh no….oh no”